Monday, February 16, 2009

Miami Brooklyn Goes to Michigan

Felicia lay awake at night wondering if she had made a mistake. (I think she did! But that's another story.) The next morning, on the way to the airport, she brought Joanne to the pet store to pick up the puppy she had bought the night before on their way to Lincoln Road to have dinner (with me on their lap!).

She had seen Brooklyn in his cage the day before, and had fallen in love. There was something about the way he barked, the way he acted and his attitude, and she knew she couldn't leave him behind in Miami when she went home to Michigan! She had never fallen in love with a dog like that before. (She ordered me over the internet! And fell in love with me when she picked me up at the Delta Cargo office at the Fort Lauderdale airport!)

The owner of Les Petits Puppies in South Beach brought Brooklyn out for Felicia to look at.

"No," Joanne had said the night before when Felicia was about to buy Brooklyn. "You already have so many dogs! Think about it!" But Felicia was certain that Brooklyn belonged in our home! And she was even more certain that she couldn't leave Brooklyn behind. He belonged with her, with us.

So she bought Brooklyn, and walked out the pet store's door, and now I have another cute little dog to compete with! But I know that I am the only dog that Felicia takes on trips with her! So I am still the luckiest dog of the pack.
Till tomorrow,
Love, Maia

No comments: