Monday, October 20, 2008

Back to the Beginning: The Palm Beach Lifestyle


But enough about my brothers, and we'll talk about Sacha and Dolce later. It's cold and rainy in the midwest and I want to relive January 2007, when a limo picked me up at the airport in Fort Lauderdale, fresh from my breeder in Kansas. When Andres carried me outside to the warm Florida air, I was thrilled.





Felicia held me and was as excited as she'd ever been. Andres played with me in the grass. The grass was almost as tall as I was. I leapt around like a bunny; I had a blast. Then we all got into the big black car and headed back up I95 to the Four Seasons in Palm Beach. Whatta way to begin.


Felicia was staying there with her friends. But before we went to the Four Seasons, we had to stop at PetSmart and pick up a few things, like a leash! Everyone turned around and asked what kind of dog was I and I must have heard twelve people tell Felicia how cute I was. She was still on Cloud Nine and more than happy to show me off.



After PetsMart, we were supposed to go to the grocery to get my baby food, but Felicia decided to wait until later, and in fact, when a different driver named Vladimir dropped everyone off at Echo on Sunset for dinner that night (one of Suzanne's favorite restaurants), she asked him to run to the Farmer Jack behind the restaurant and pick up some chicken or turkey Gerber Junior Baby food while he waited.


He got it all wrong, leaving Felicia to realize that a limo driver in his twenties just might not be the best person to buy baby food...especially one from Khazakhstan who barely spoke English....but that's another story. More tomorrow....

No comments: