Friday, October 31, 2008

Sunny Days in Sunny Isles


Acqualina was well located in Sunny Isles, between Palm Beach and Miami. It was a little longer to Palm Beach, but only 20 minutes to South Beach. Felicia went down this time with her friend Julie, whom she's known forever. Julie used to babysit Felicia's kids and now has two of her own. They like me also, but to tell you the truth, I'm not crazy about anyone but Felicia, India, or Zara. I'm not too big on taking walks with anyone else.


I'm kind of shy, and I get tired of people asking to pet me, or worse, petting me without asking. Well, early on in the trip, Felicia had lost her camera (she's always losing cameras or cell phones), so we took a cab down to South Beach and got a camera to take pictures with.


The store owner took this picture of me in the camera store (right) with Felicia and Julie. Then we walked to the Ritz Carlton on the board walk, right behind the camera store on Collins Ave, and ate outside at the restaurant overlooking the water, where we enjoyed some middle eastern food. After that, we took a walk up Collins, and wound up at the Raleigh (that's Julie sitting on the bench, top photo), where we had a cappuccino at the nice little bar there, and did some shopping in the store inside the hotel. Everyone thought I was cute. I liked South Beach. It works for me: warm, water, shopping, good restaurants. Tomorrow I'll show you the purse I was in when we went out to eat.

No comments: