Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shopping on Worth Avenue....

Felicia was eager to get back to the Four Seasons in Palm Beach to show me off to her friends, but for some reason, Andres drove down Worth Avenue on his way back from Petsmart....so of course, even though the last thing Felicia needed was anything, including dogs, she had to show me off.

First, we went into the Ferragamo store, where Felicia, being rather old, has fond memories of the shoes with thick crepe soles she wore to walk all over Europe when she was in her twenties, eons ago. She has never seen them since, and they were so comfortable that she often complains about her shoes, but refuses to wear tennis shoes even though her feet kill her half the time.



So she's always looking at Ferragamo shoes with nostaligia, hoping that they will reissue shoes that were the dernier cri thirty-some years ago....But that's another story. So we went into Ferragamo and the ladies working there of course loved me. Felicia put me in a purse and then she may have bought it, I can't remember.


Then she went into the Louis Vuitton store and bought me a carrier that's pretty gaudy. But Felicia said that she wanted to spoil me now that her youngest daughter is in college and she's an empty nester. I really don't care as long as there's a comfy pad in the bottom and she brings me along. But finally we got back to the hotel and I got all wrapped up in India's winter scarf and I sat on a beach chair overlooking the ocean, and it was delightful, and everyone paid attention to me and Felicia and her friends took lots of pictures. I'll share more of them with you tomorrow....

No comments: