Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Meet Bronson & Captain

This is Bronson, left, 2-1/2, and Captain, 1-1/2, "brothers from a different mother." They are both terrier mixes, found at the Miami-Dade Humane Society. We chatted at Starbucks, next to our hotel. Starbucks has a doggie window where canines go for free doggie treats!

Captain was wearing a hand-knit sweater, because the high today in South Beach is only 57 degrees, the coldest it's been in 5 years here! I've been shivering every time I go outside to do my business. Felicia has to carry me inside her hoodie.

Bronson wore a cute top from American Apparel.

Their owner, Ryan the Wheelbarrow, is a performance artist whose specialty is "live fashion vandalism." He sets up his silkscreens and designs your T-shirt on the spot!

Here's an example of his design, "all chaotic and experimental." I'd like to wear one of his silkscreen creations, too!
Later on today we're having a tour of the famous Versace Mansion "Casa Casuarina," on Ocean Drive, just up the street. I like South Beach! I met alot of fun dogs today. I'm starting to think it might not be a bad idea to spend more time down here, just like Felicia says. Even the condos here are dog friendly, according to the many dog owners who bond over their animals. This part of town is Dog Central!
Till tomorrow (or maybe even later this afternoon),
Love, Maia

No comments: