Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Homage to Andres

I know it may be hard for some people to understand Felicia's happiness when Andres showed up in Abe's Limo to take us to our parties....but picking me up in January 2007, according to Felicia, was one of the highlights of her life! As she likes to tell it, a good many other wonderful life events (childbirth, buying a new home, etc.), are also filled with the unknown (will I like this house? Can I afford it? What about taxes?), or apprehension (I've never had a child before...can I handle it? Will childbirth go OK?). But picking me up at the Fort Lauderdale airport was one of those tasks that not only contained no downside, but in contrast, contained pure, unadulterated joy. Felicia had already owned a Yorkie and missed Paco (see October 18, "The Story of Paco"), and had good memories of the drive, almost two years back, from Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale to pick me up. And she had nothing but terrific memories of the young man Abe had chosen to drive her there. On the way down, they talked about Andres' dog! A fellow dog lover, a lovely car, nice conversation: it doesn't get much better than that, according to Felicia!

So she was happy enough, just being out of the nasty Michigan weather and visiting one of her favorite states and even more favorite cities....

...let alone being with two of her favorite people, Brooke and her daughter India (and moi, it goes without saying)...

...not to mention being hosted by the lovely Sandra and driven by the wonderful Andres, whom Felicia already knew and liked...

...and just when she thought that life couldn't get much better, when she returned from The WAREhOUSE party, there was Andres, being pro-active and taking me for a walk! Felicia was overjoyed! She remembered how I sat in the car one afternoon, two weeks after my pickup at the airport, with another of Abe's drivers, when Felicia went to Boynton Beach to hear Michael sing in the West Point Jewish Chapel Choir. She recalled how that particular driver, nice as he was, was afraid that I would run away, so kept me in my carrier the whole time Felicia was listening to Peter sing a solo in the trio! (But it was really her own fault, as she forgot to put a leash in my carrier!)

So needless to say, she was a bit effusive (top photo) that Andres had walked me. She had just seen Important Art and enjoyed Terrific Food and delighted in Wonderful Champagne. And for whatever combination of reasons, she was 'appy as a 'ippo when she got to the car, and insisted that we all pose for interminable photos! I hope you like them. I was getting a bit tired of the flash popping off in my face, if you really want to know! (Sometimes when I saw Felicia or Brooke or India coming at me with that camera, I just turned away and hid!!) But the best is yet to come...because after we took all these photos, we got back in the car and Andres drove us to the coolest party ever! Felicia calls it her Miami Vice moment: the launch party at the Icon Brickell! Coming up tomorrow--don't miss it!
P.S. Dolce called me today from New York. Apparently, she got to watch Britney Spears light the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center! ( I think she was hoping I'd be jealous.) But Britney in The Big Apple can't trump Andres and Brooke and India in The Magic City!! No celebrity, not even ones like Britney or Madonna or Tila, Fendi purses or no, can beat old friends!!


No comments: