Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dogs in the Park


Here are some more pictures of Lulu, the inspiration for Dolce, with her Affen-pinscher friend, and also of me in the dog park in Chicago. Felicia thinks I look gorgeous in that photo. I'm going to throw in a picture of Dolce the day we picked her up in Chicago, at the hotel, playing with Felicia's shoe...cuter than a bug's ear, I have to admit. I was pretty jealous back then.


But Dolce, as cute as she is, just doesn't travel as well as I do, so I'm calming down a bit. She doesn't like to be held, like I do, when the rest of the dogs take a walk, she fights to get down. And she's going to be too big to carry in Felicia's purse or hide in a beach bag, and judging by her personality, she's going to be a bit too hyper to sit on a lounge chair by a beach.


So she'll be a good at-home dog but I'll still be Top Dog on trips, so I am relaxing a little bit on the jealousy thing....I'm going along tomorrow to pick her up from her operation. Felicia is anxious but the Oakland Vet Referral place tells her that Dolce is eating (again, with that pig simile, even the vet techs say that), and resting "comfortably," and "just the cutest ball of fluff." Bleh.

No comments: